[schema type=”person” name=”Dr A Didar Singh” orgname=”Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)” jobtitle=”Secretary General” url=”www.ficci.com, http://ficciblog.myassociates.org” description=”Dr Alwyn Didar Singh is Secretary General, FICCI. He is a former civil servant who until recently served as the Secretary to Government of India ” street=”FICCI, Federation House, Tansen Marg” city=”New Delhi” state=”New Delhi” postalcode=”110001″ country=”IN” email=”firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com” phone=”+91-11-23738760″ ]
Dr Alwyn Didar Singh is Secretary General, FICCI.
He is a former civil servant who until recently served as the Secretary to Government of India in the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs. Prior to this, he was Member (Finance), National Highways Authority of India, Department of Road Transport and Highways at New Delhi. He has also served as Joint Secretary with the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Ministry of Commerce (Foreign Trade).
Dr. Singh has hands-on experience in the area of e-Commerce and e-Business, having been Managing Director of two Information Technology enterprises in Punjab, India where he was instrumental in establishing an IT Park and satellite earth station at Mohali in late 90’s. He holds a Masters in Development Administration from Birmingham University, UK and has the distinction of having done the first PhD in India on the Policy and Administration of e-Commerce.
Dr. Didar Singh is an internationally known expert in e-Commerce and ICT development and has done several studies in the area of ICT strategy and e-Commerce for international agencies, including the International Trade Centre; World Health Organization; and South Centre, Geneva as well as the Commonwealth Secretariat, London. He has presented a number of papers and made presentations at Conferences on the subjects of E-Commerce and Trade both in India and abroad. Some of these include:
- e-Commerce for Managers (2002)
- e-Commerce In India: Assessments and Strategies for the Developing World (2008)
Papers / Monographs / Reports
- Discussion Paper for the ITC Executive Forum 2004
- Summit on Information Society (2003) (Presentation)
- Regional E-Trade Bridge for the CARICOM
- Impact of software trade on electronically mediated governance initiatives: an exploratory framework within the Indian context
- A Rainbow Technology for a Rainbow People: E-Business Capacity Development for the CARICOM (2002)
- A Framework for Country Analysis: Electronic Commerce and Health (2002)
- e-Health: Potential and Challenge for Healthcare (with Drager, Kwankam and Gobrecht) (2002)
- Making eCommerce work for Health (with Nick Drager, Debra Lipson and Shasha Hu) (2001)