How to temporarily import into foreign countries, yet save duties & taxes
ATA Carnet, also known as, ‘Passport for Goods’ is an international customs document that expedites temporary imports into foreign countries with relief from duties and taxes. It facilitates duty free entry into a participating foreign country for up to one year. The Carnet contains the appropriate Customs clearance documentation, and can do away with security deposit or guarantees in the country of importation.
Key Benefits of ATA Carnet
- Can be used for multiple trips throughout the period of its validity and covers over 72 countries
- Allows a reduction of delays and a standardization of vital procedures
- Eliminates the need to complete all the different paperwork for Customs clearance in India and overseas
- Saves money: No need to put down a ‘bond’ every time entering a foreign country
- Carnet guarantees to foreign customs that the goods will be re-exported timely
FICCI’s role in National Issuing and Guaranteeing Association for ATA Carnet
- Issue and Endorse Carnets.
- Guarantee the payment of duties and taxes to customs (both domestic and foreign) authorities
- Work closely with the Ministries of Finance, External Affairs, Commerce & Industry, and Customs Office for smooth functioning
How to get ATA Carnet
Tel: +91-11-23765335 (D) | More