With new converging technologies, digital disruption across a wide range of sectors is inevitable. To raise interest in these emerging technologies and its impact on consumers, employees and enterprises, Mr Himanshu Kapania, Chair-FICCI Council on Telecom, Electronics and Digital Economy (TED Council) and Director Telecom-VIL & Vice Chairman-ABFRL and Former Managing Director- Idea Cellular Limited, and Mr Binit Agarwalla, BI to Director Telecom, Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd., have jointly developed an ’11 Part Series’ of short presentations covering the introduction to Ten ‘Disruptive technologies’ and its accelerating impact across ten critical business sectors.
About the series: The work done within these technologies is a vast field of study. The objective of this series is to provide a crisp introduction to these technologies and generate interest in the subject, primarily from the business angle and its impact on consumer& enterprise. Eventually, every individual & organization will have to embrace Digital Transformation. Presentations in this series help visualize the disruption that multiple sectors will undergo as these technologies converge. Each part of the series will cover one of the 10 Technologies and explore the future of business across one of the Sectors.
Highlights of Part 1 of the 11 covers –
Introduction to ‘AI and Future of Transport’
Technology convergence is when different forms of technologies cohabitate in a single device, sharing resources and interacting, creating new technology and convenience
• Best example of Technology Convergence is a Smart Phone, which has replaced multiple independent devices like radio, camera, music players, torch, calculators, and many more.
• Convergence of Technologies is leading to the Convergence of Industries across multiple sectors. The lines between sectors are increasingly getting blurred.
• For example, Convergence of Telecom, Media and Entertainment industries is now becoming increasingly visible. The biggest example being AT&T acquisition of Time Warner, bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO, and Turner, with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile, and broadband customer relationships.
• The tsunami of disruption created by this convergence is both a good as well as bad news.
• The bad is more to do with our ability to change. A slew of studies show convergence of AI and Robotics will threaten a significant percentage of the workforce over the next few decades. Tens of millions will have to be retrained and reskilled to keep pace.
10 technologies accelerating Convergence of Industries
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Quantum Computing
- 5G & Internet of Things (IoT)
- Virtual & Augmented Reality
- 3D Printing
- Nano Technology
To know more, click here: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6676129645064187904/