NEW DELHI, September 26, 2014: In a bid to give a fillip to the Prime Minister’s ‘Make in India’ campaign that was formally launched today, ‘Invest India’ has set up a dedicated ‘Investor Facilitation Cell’ to act as primary support for all investment queries and for providing handholding and liaising services to investors. The queries can now be addressed to and their responses accessed from the makeinindia.com website that was unveiled along with the campaign by the Prime Minster Narendra Modi at Vigyan Bhawan yesterday.
‘Invest India’ is a not-for-profit joint venture between the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry; state governments; and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). Operationalized in early 2010, the company has been set up as the dedicated investment promotion agency (IPA) for attracting investments into the country in a structured, focused and comprehensive manner. It is the first point of reference for foreign investors, and investment promotion and facilitation constitute the core mandate of the company.
The ‘Investor Facilitation Cell’ will provide the following handholding and facilitation services for attracting investments into the critical sectors of the economy:
- Providing all information/data analysis to investors across all sectors;
- Follow up information/approvals from all departments/agencies of Government on behalf of the investor and the investing community;
- Receiving investors and providing them facilitation. Handholding escort service from the point of arrival to the point of departure;
- Interacting with all States in a Hub & Spoke Model and feeding the investors with State policies relating to land/labor/capital and investment;
- Maintaining a dynamic vibrant web-portal with all the policies and incentives of the State Governments;
- Fixing meetings/appointments of the investors with different departments and agencies of the Government.
The government has already set up nodal officers in economic ministries and state governments to support the investor facilitation cell. The investor facilitation cell team will comprise eight facilitators.